Monday, April 17, 2006

HAPPY EASTER!!

So in case you haven't heard, I am in Austria right now. Gaming, Austria, to be exact. The whole Fontgombault for Easter thing just didn't work out. The strikes made me apprehensive to buy my ticket, and then when I finally tried to buy one from Milan to Paris, they were completely booked. It's not so bad though. My dad was over in Frankfurt for one day of meetings, and then he came down and we met up in Cinque Terre, Italy. We then went down to Sienna and did some bike riding and wine tasting in the Chianti region of Tuscany. One of the wineries we went too was the house where Machiavelli wrote The Prince. The winery was of course named Machiavelli. From there we made the drive up to Gaming on Holy Thursday. I got to see my 2 day old niece, Theresia Sophia Kuebler. She has dark hair and eyes (completely opposite of Peter) and large cheeks. She also has a dimple in her chin and one in each cheek when she smiles. It's been a bit overcast, and I have been waiting for the sun to come out to take some nice pictures of her. I'll get them up on here as soon as I get them.

Saturday we went into Salzburg. My dad, Maria, Theresia, Augusta Grimm, and Annie all drove in my dad's car, and Jared, Peter, Therese, and I took the train. We went to the Easter Vigil that night. Easter Sunday we walked around town, and that night we went to a huge brewery/beer house there. You could buy half-liter or liter steins and then go to the guy and have them filled up. We also had some bratwurst, wiener schnitzel, ham, sauerkraut, and pretzels. It was quite a feast. All in all, between the 7 of us (Annie, Jared, Maria, dad, Peter, Theresia, and me), we drank 7 liters, but it wasn't all equal shares. The place was authentic and awesome. There were 4 beer halls in total, and then some outdoor seating as well. The total seating capacity for the place was 1,000! So even though I didn't make it to France for Easter, it was great celebrating Easter with family in Europe. I don't know if that will ever happen again, so I think it was at least an even trade. I plan to stop by Norcia before flying back to London.

My dad leaves tomorrow, and I will probably take a day trip to Vienna. I think I will probably stay here until Saturday before heading to Munich or Prague.

So to get back up to the present, here is where I have been since Seville:
Seville to Cordoba,
Cordoba to Granada,
Granada to Valencia,
Valencia to Barcelona,
Barcelona to Santa Marinella,
Santa Marinella to Rome,
Rome to Assisi,
Assis to Florence,
Florence to Cinque Terre,
Cinque Terre to Sienna,
Sienna to Gaming, with an Easter trip to Salzburg.

2 Comments:

At 4/17/2006 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris, I am happy to hear that you had a good Easter and were able to see you Dad. I am also happy to hear that your brother and Maria had their child...she sounds like a cutie. Well just wanted to drop a quick hello. Hope your trip continues to go well. Talk to you soon.
--Stephanie

 
At 4/18/2006 5:29 PM, Blogger SomethingInMyEye said...

OOh Ooh! Post some baby pics!Happy Easter, Koobs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home