Tuesday, March 28, 2006

France is off. At least for now. I may not be able to get to Fontgombault for Easter, which would really suck. I guess if that happened I would just go to Norcia and see Father Andrew. I mean Benedictines are Benedictines, right?

If you haven´t heard, there are huge strikes going on right now in France, and most of them have to do with public transportation. This means my rail pass is virtually useless right now because to get to another country from Spain by ground, you have to pass through France. I will be taking a boat instead from Barcelona to Rome tonight instead. I leave at 7 and get there at 3 in the afternoon.

The French really piss me off. It seems like a beautiful place, but I am starting to think I wouldn´t like most the people.

2 Comments:

At 3/28/2006 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Koobs,

Just read your blog today and i'm for sure envious.

No worries about France, I mean it's definitely worth visiting, but the people kind of suck. We only did Paris - and the Sacre Cour, Louvre, Notre Dame, Eiffel Tower, are all incredible but the people just suck. They weren't actually rude, but they weren't friendly. They were just kind of there. Paris, while still having these historic wonders, is actually pretty modern. When we were there they were having all of the riots. At least that's what we were told after we left there. We never saw anything or heard anybody talk about it.

Fontganboughasdfj;klasdf (why do the french have to spell everything as opposite as possible to the way it sounds?) sounds like it would have been awesome though.

If you're still looking for a place in Rome you should check out Casa Olmatta. It's run by this awesome Italian Couple and it's right next to Santa Maria Magiore. They sell beer and wine at the hostel and will make dinner for you every now and then. You can get a bottle of wine for 2 euro (we don't have that cool sign on our keyboards.) and it definitely gives 2 buck chuck a run for its money.

Also there's another one that's supposed to be pretty solid run by this american couple, their website is http://www.the-beehive.com/

They also run a booking service where they will place you at other hostels/bed and breakfasts. I am not sure about pricing though.

Take a lot of pictures and kick any Vatican security guards you see for Therese and myself.

- Monnereau (bloody french spelling)

 
At 4/10/2006 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you join the benedictines? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home