Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I am in Prague now. I got in late Monday night. What was supposed to be a 7 hour trip from Gaming took a little over 10. The city is amazing, as is the beer. I drank about 3 liters of Pilsner Urquell throughout the course of yesterday, and it only cost me about 6 euros. Prague would be a great cheap place to come with a group of friends and just relax and drink. I met an older guy from Scotland at the bar, and we sat and talked about travelling and whatnot for a couple hours. Then I met 2 Australians, Chris and Steve, who arrived in the dorm room at about 8 and we ran out to grab some goulash. I have met so many people from down under while travelling. They were on their 4 month travels, and had just come over from the states.

I had wandered through the old city earlier in the day, and saw the Astronomical clock with its little Apostolic procession on the hour. I also saw some churches, but they are far more impressive from the outside than they are from the inside. The architecture here is just amazing. The girls are very beautiful as well: tall and light-skinned with dark hair. Prague is, however, probably the most liberal country I have been to so far as regards drugs, prostitution, etc. Granted I have not been to the Netherlands.

Oh yeah! Last night some body stole Steve's pants from the floor of the room and then took them to the bathroom and stole his wallet and phone. I found his pants in the shower stall this morning. It sucked having to bring them to him. He had about 500 US dollars worth of Euros and Czech Crowns on him, as well as all of his credit cards. And another one of the room-mates had his backpack stolen at the same time, but had nothing of value in it. Luckily my wallet was still in my pants, under my bed. I was scared for a second. I think I will be sleeping with my wallet from now on. I have one more night paid for in this hostel, and then I will move to another one. I will be in Prague until either Friday or Saturday, and then go to stay with a relative from my dad's side, Paul, and his family in Budapest.

And I know you all want more pictures, especially of Theresia, but I have yet to find a Czech computer place that has computers with USB ports. The one I am on right now is actually running on a Linux operating system. But as soon as I can, I will post some more photos.

5 Comments:

At 4/27/2006 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, um, are you going to bring home one of these girls that you've been talking about, or are they just for sightseeing?

 
At 4/27/2006 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are for Josh.

-JOSH

 
At 4/27/2006 6:16 PM, Blogger Koobs said...

my mom said I can't marry any foreingn girls, so I must oblige. Therefore, Julie, they are just for sightseeing/picture taking.

 
At 4/27/2006 6:16 PM, Blogger Koobs said...

it has been a long night, but I meant foreign.

 
At 4/29/2006 10:36 PM, Blogger turtle said...

Chris,
I just saw an article in the NYTimes about places in Czech Republic and Austria that have beer spas!!! Really!! One in Austria actually has a swimming pool of BEER! The Czech one is in Chodova Plana, in case you're interested . . . and you should be. Here's the site and digits: http://www.chodovar.cz/
420-374-794-181
That is just plain sick!! I wish I was over there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home